Registration with the implant register can be useful for the following reasons:
– Your country or medical discipline does not keep a register.
– You want to make sure that you yourself have access to the implant data.
– You didn´t get an implant pass.
– You want to be able to access the data securely after moving away, changing doctors or in emergencies.
– You want to be informed when problems are reported.
– You want to have the possibility to note occurrences or problems with your implant in a safe, independent place.
– You want to make a contribution to the scientific evaluation of the implant process (the data is only passed on anonymously and is not stored online. Only you or an authorised person (e.g. your doctor) can access the data.
For some areas there are national and specialist implant registers (notably hip endoprostheses and pacemakers), some of which have been successfully maintained for a very long time. Some of these are also kept automatically. Ask whether your implant is already registered in such a register. Then there is no need to register your implant here – unless one of the advantages listed above is a reason.
The lifelong registration is subject to a fee (17.85€ incl. VAT/2020). Notices are free of charge.