Read this before you register
Registration with the implant register can help you for the following general reasons:
– Your country or medical discipline does not keep a register.
– You want to make sure that you yourself have access to the implant data.
– You didn´t get an implant pass.
– You want your implant to be stored not on a central server but on a local memory.
– You want to be able to access the data securely after moving away, changing doctors, loosing your records or in emergencies.
– You want to be informed when problems are reported.
– You want to have the possibility to note occurrences or problems with your implant in a safe, independent place.
– You want to make a contribution to the scientific evaluation of the implant process (at us,
the data is only passed on anonymously and is not stored online. Only you or an
authorised person (e.g. your doctor) can access the data.
For some areas there are national and specialist implant registers (notably hip endoprostheses and pacemakers), some of which have well-established. Some of these are also kept automatically. Ask whether your implant is already registered in such a register. Then there is no need to register your implant here – unless one of the advantages listed above is a personal reason.
For more information about registration of a special type of your implant, open the pages shown above.
The lifelong registration is subject to a fee (17.85€ incl. VAT/2021). Notices are free of char