What Questions Should You Ask Your Surgeon about Breast Augmentation?
The following list of questions may help you to remind you of topics to discuss with your surgeon.
You may have additional questions as well.
1. What are the risks and complications associated with having breast implants?
2. How many additional operations on my implanted breast(s) can I expect over my lifetime?
3. How will my breasts look if I decide to have the implants removed without replacement?
4. What shape, size, surface texturing, incision site, and placement site is recommended for me?
5. How will my ability to breast feed be affected?
6. How can I expect my implanted breasts to look over time?
7. How can I expect my implanted breasts to look after pregnancy? After breastfeeding?
8. What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my implanted breasts?
9. What alternate procedures or products are available if I choose not to have breast implants?
10. Do you have before and after photos I can look at for each option?
11. Do you think my expectations are reasonable?
Early in the consultation process, be sure to speak directly to your surgeon about your expectations and desired results, as well as what you can expect regarding the length of the surgery, your recovery, and any risks and potential complications of the surgery.
Source: Ideal Implant Incorp.