One-piece dental implants do not only consist of the artificial root, but are also firmly connected to the abutment that supports the dental crown.
– No micro-cleft with hygienic problems
– Smaller implants possible, smaller wound, faster surgery
– Simplified definitive care, cheaper
– Insertion divergences (can be corrected in some systems by bending the abutment, 3D-planning helps to place implants correctly)
– Immediate loading after insertion not completely avoidable (healing phase may be disturbed)
– In some cases harder achievable esthetic outcome
– Subsequent reworking may be more difficult