also: Kassebaum-Kennedy Act
An Act To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to improve portability and continuity of health insurance coverage in the group and individual markets, to combat waste, fraud, and abuse in health insurance and health care delivery, to promote the use of medical savings accounts, to improve access to long-term care services and coverage, to simplify the administration of health insurance, and for other purposes (enacted in the US Agust 21, 1996).
1) Health Care Access, Portability, and Renewability
2) Preventing Health Care Fraud and Abuse; Administrative Simplification; Medical Liability Reform
3) Tax-related health provisions governing medical savings accounts
4) Application and enforcement of group health insurance requirements
5) Revenue offset governing tax deductions for employers