Why should I register the implants I placed here?
REASONS to register implants here
with the only implant registry where you and/or your patients can enter implant data.
- You want to make sure that you have access to the implant data.
- You want to allow your patients to access the data themselves.
- You prefer to register not through or with any singular or national institution.
- Your country or medical discipline does not keep a register.
- You or your patient want to be able to access the data securely after you or your patient moved away, changing doctors, loosing your records or in emergencies.
- You don´t have access to standard implant certificates
Some more reasons are here:
- You prefer implants to be stored not on a central server but on a local memory.
- You want to be informed when problems are reported from an independent source.
- You want to have the possibility to note yourself occurrences or problems with your implant in a simple way, at a safe, independent place and help others with this.
- You want to make a contribution to the scientific evaluation of the implant process (at us, the data is only evaluated anonymously and is not stored online, only you or your patient can access personal data).
For some specialties there are national and specialist implant registers (notably hip endoprostheses and pacemakers), some of which have well-established and have developed a good scientific base. Some of these are also kept automatically. Then there is no urgent need to register your implant here – unless one of the advantages listed above is a personal reason.
The lifelong registration is subject to a one time fee. Notices are always welcome and free of charge.